Welcome to my blog, glad to have you here. If you have not yet seen the prior blogs from this hop start here.
I have had so much fun creating an awesome project for you to do with your favorite summer photos. I am calling it a photo topiary.
- title cards
- pattern paper to mount title cards on
- coloring tools (I used watercolor pencils)
- twelve summer photos
- dowel (mine measured 28")
- washers (6)
- bone folder
- glue gun
- small container to hold topiary
- foam to hold dowel in place
I used Wish I Were Taller font, enlarged it to 68 point, then selected outline.
Underneath I added the second word using Quicksand Book font and played with the sizing until it fit the way I liked it
Then I colored in the letters using watercolor pencils
And last mounted the title on pattern paper measuring 4"x 6"
3. Paint dowel and knob
4. Fold photos and title cards in half using bone folder
5. Glue two folded photos to title card (one side of photo will remain unglued) let dry
(you will still have one photo to glue on after we position cards on the dowel)
6. Place washers on dowel (these are spacers for the photos)
Position title card with photos underneath dowel with unadhered pieces facing up
7. Adhere fourth photo
Adhere fourth photo being careful to not glue directly to dowel (this will make it so the photos can spin)
Clamp to hold in place until dry
8. Adhere rest of photos, let dry
9. Prepare container
10. Anchor washers
Add some glue underneath the washers
this will give the photos a place to rest, avoid glueing photos to washer or the photos won't spin as well
11. Add trim
12. Slide dowel into container, glue if needed
13. Add knob to top of dowel
14. Add covering to hide foam
Set somewhere for everyone to see
You are done!! I think this could be a fun gift, imagine different sized photos cascading up the dowel, or bitty small photos for a teen. Lots of possibilities.
Ready for the next blog? OK visit Alison McDonald