I have been crazy busy- just like the rest of you I am sure!
My kids are out of school and we are crafting like crazy-while watching movies galore.
Wanted to share a great Christmas morning snack, I got the recipe from All recipes.
Have a great holiday season!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? sits them under the tree
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored on both- that is what the kids prefer
4. Do you hang mistletoe? sometimes
5. When do you put your decorations up? the day after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? homemade rolls
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: feeling the magic of Christmas
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My dad told me when I was nine I think- I was devasted
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes- new pajamas
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With a variety
of ornaments from over the years-kind of the hodge podge look
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Dread the cold, like being all cozy inside
12. Can you ice skate? no- I used to be able to roller skate though
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My older brother gave me a sweatshirt from my favorite college while I was in high school-I loved it!
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Focusing on spending time with my loved ones, giving thoughtful gifts, and nourishing
my spiritual side
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? my mom’s homemade fudge
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We host a sugar cookie decorating party for all of my nieces and nephews. I buy tons of decorating goodies, provide a rainbow of frosting colors, and make the cookies from scratch.
17. What tops your tree? a simple gold star
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love giving gifts- but I also enjoy receiving- especially from my husband- last year he surprised me with a chocolate fountain.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night
20. Candy canes: only when I have bad breath
21. Favorite Christmas movie? I don’t have one- is that sad?
22. What do you leave for Santa? cookies and milk of course
I have spent the last few days making neighbor gifts.
So far I have made 3 batches of fudge
and 20+ packages of fresh potpourri
and I am making more tomorrow-
I will take pictures of the packaged goodies-
For the potpourri
a few slices of lemon, lime, and orange
1/2 cup of fresh cranberries
a few whole cloves
couple cinnamon sticks
I will take pictures of how I packaged everything and share later.
This is an advent calendar that hung in my house growing up-
a couple of our nativity sets
Speaking of presents
I am frantically finishing gifts that I started months ago
I will share later this week.